Early Royal Arch working
Royal Arch Freemasonry is known to have been worked in the Province from around this year.
Royal Arch Freemasonry has been worked in Angus and Mearns since the eighteenth century.
Royal Arch Freemasonry has been worked in the Province since around 1765. In 1861, Sir John Ogilvy, Baronet, became the first Grand Superintendent.
The first Grand Superintendent to appoint commissioned office bearers was Thomas McPherson Bruce Gardyne of Middleton in 1874. At that time, eight Chapters formed the Province: Enoch No.3, Union No.6, Noah No.7, Haran No.8, Hope No.9, Elijah No.12, Strathmore No.19 and Horeb No.23.
Horeb No.23, based in Stonehaven, was later transferred to Aberdeenshire. The other seven early Chapters remain part of the Province.

Royal Arch Freemasonry is known to have been worked in the Province from around this year.
Sir John Ogilvy, Baronet, is elected and serves until 1872.
Thomas McPherson Bruce Gardyne of Middleton becomes the first Grand Superintendent to appoint a commissioned team.
At Arbroath, James Berry repones the Chapter and 116 Brethren are exalted.
The Province’s detailed history was recorded in History of the Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter 1861–2007.
Under the Scottish Constitution, the Province supports work across the Royal Arch series and associated Orders.
For a fuller explanation of the degrees, visit the official Journey to the Royal Arch page ↗.
The names below are carried over from the 2023–24 list on the previous website and should be confirmed before public launch.